Friday, June 18, 2010

Monday can not get here any faster

Yesterday I met with the stoma therapist and got pre admitted. What is a stoma you might ask? Well that is what they call the opening that will be on my tummy where I will have the bag. She went over all the supplies I will need and how they work and gave me more information to ready through. She also went ahead and marked the spot where it will be so now I have a better idea of what clothes I will be able to wear. I also worked my last night at work last night and man was it difficult. I felt awful. I have been doing this thing where about 4 to 5 hours after I eat I usually throw up everything or I have extreme pain. I also usually develop a fever, back pain, and achy muscles (kind of like the flue). Luckily Katie helped me out a lot and we made it.

Today I ended up canceling my plans for tonight and stayed on my couch for most of the day. I did get out and do a few things but not much. I also found out what time my surgery is. I have to be there at 12:15 but she said that I was in the computer to actually go in at 1:50 but that could change. I'm not really looking forward to waiting around half the day. I am the kind of person who likes to get in and get it done before I have time to worry about it. We also found out that I would be in recovery for about 2 hours after and no one can see me until after that so don't plan to see me on Monday because it will probably be after 7 before even my parents can see me. If you want you can come up and see them though, they might like the distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment