Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hello, my name is Melissa and I am addicted to pain killers

No really I am. I saw my GI doc today and he really thinks all the pain I have is when my body is withdrawing off of the pain pills. He put me back on a drug called desipramine. It is actually classified as an antideppressent but can also cause the gut to relax. It works with the pain recepters in the brain and is non habit forming. I need to take that at night and decress the narcotic use. I've only been taking 3 a day so now I can only take 2 for a week then one then none. I think I can get myself off a little quicker but this week may not be to much fun. Today I took one at 1 and haven't taken any since so it may not be to bad after all.

And to end on a possitive note that has nothing to do with anything: I got a $30 pair of earrings for $0.85 today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment