Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Things have been going well since i have been home. Home health is set up to come once or twice a week just to make sure nothing is getting infected again because i can't see the bottom of the wound. Today i went for a follow up with radiology and the surgeon. I thought they were just going to pull the drain and be done with it. Instead they decided to pull it and replace it with a slightly larger one. No i was not asleep for it i just had a local that did not last long enough . Needless to say it hurt a lot. Also when they took out the first drain it started bleeding. They concluded when the first one got put in they went through a vein but the tube kept me from bleeding out. This would also explain why my blood counts dropped after it was placed. I have to go back on Tuesday to have the drain checked. They will probably pull it so if it bleeds again they will have to go in and stop it so I will get to spend the night again. Next I got to see Dr. Safar. He is happy about radiology's plan. He also decided it might be a good idea to get a wound vac again. I'm not sure why he just now decided to put one on but I am happy about it because it will be less dressing changes and faster healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment