Friday, April 11, 2014

Chicken stir fry

The last couple of weeks have been busy. Last week I started working on Mondays as a paid volenteer.  Basically it pays for my gas to get there. This week Drew had a conference in Springfield for work for 3 days so I went with him and enjoyed the free room, hgtv, and the pool. Today is errons, baking for my aunt, and a job interview.  Tonight's dinner is super fast and easy so here we go:

In a skillet put a little olive oil then start tossing in veggies.  Tonight will be carrots, onion, garlic, broccoli, zucchini, peas, and peppers. Once the carrots start to soften I throw in uncooked cubed chicken breast. You can cook the chicken first then throw in the veggies or stager when you put the veggies in depending on how cooked you want them. Once everthing is cooked put a little sweet and sour sauce in long enough to coat everything. Serve it with your favorite rice.

You will need to be careful when buying sweet and sour sauce, many of them have wheat (lots of soy sauce has wheat and soy sauce is in most Asian dishes). I buy mine at Aldi but they don't always have it so stock up.

This is also really easy to adjust for lots of people or just one. If I am makimg it for my self I use a small chicken breast so I mainly get veggies. Don't like a particular vegtable? No problem, don't put it in.

I told you it was easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment