Thursday, January 12, 2012

the good the bad and the gross

The good: Oscar, my wound vac, and I are getting along wonderfully. They are coming out every 3 days to change it and every time it is visibly smaller. It started at 2.6cm deep and when they measured it last it was .9cm. It has also gone from the size of a half dollar to the size of a dime. It will be changed tomorrow and Monday then Wednesday i go see the doc and i think he will take it off for good!

The bad: i can not keep a seal with my bag. I got a new batch of supplies just before Christmas and i am almost out. I won't be able to order new ones until the 19th due to insurance. If that wasn't bad enough i have to pay the deductible all in one go because i have to pay it before they will release the supplies.

The gross: because i can't keep a seal that means i am washing out a lot of very gross wash cloths and towels. I can't wait to be able to throw out all my disgusting stained washcloths and use the nice ones i got as wedding gifts.

1 comment:

  1. I am having the exact same problem with ordering supplies. I just had to pay part of my deductible last night when I needed supplies. I hate my insurance!

    ReplyDelete