Monday, August 15, 2011

After 22 hours in the ER they finally got me up to the admit holding area until they can get me in a real room. I am still having a lot of pain and I spiked a temp of 103 last night and no one really knows why. There really isn't much of a plan yet but things are starting to get rolling. I have 4 or 5 teams of doctors on my case now so it is a constant stream as one rounds by themselves then come back later with the rest of the team. Currently I am on two IV antibiotics as well as some fluids. Tomorrow I am getting a Hohn line put in (basically a PICC but in the chest). My new surgeon is also suppose to be sitting down with my interventional radiologist to look at all the scans and pictures they have taken since the beginning. They are thinking I am probably going to have to have surgery but not till next week. Dr. Safar (the surgeon) is adding me to they Monday morning meeting where all the colon rectal people get together and discuss their complicated cases so he doesn't want to do anything till after that in case someone has a better idea. He said until then they will do a bunch of studies/test so I'm ready to go when they do decide what to do. Since they are putting in the hohn I can go home when everything is stabilized so probably in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment