Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 50 In the Hospital this year.

It was a busy day for Melissa. She went to CT and they tried to put a drain in but it was to small for one. They did get some air out and just enough fluid to culture. The doctor thought it was funny that there was mostly air and Melissa told him it wasn't funny since he wasn't the one getting poked with a needle.

This afternoon she had a scope done of her j-pouch. They said it looked good, just a little red but that was normal since it was healing from surgery.

Drew called Barnes Hospital to get a doctor's name. They called back quickly and are willing to look at her records to see if they have any ideas. We hopefully will send them Monday and he can look at them Tuesday.

Please pray that the doctors can find the problem of the infection so they will know how to treat her. It also would be nice if it was simple to treat. I know it is all in God's time but I am getting very impatient.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for Melissa. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me. If you need to get a hold of anyone at Barnes Jewish, my surgeon is Dr. Bashar Safar, and he is excellent. My gastroenterologist is Dr. Alexandra Gutierrez, and she is wonderful, too. They both are very knowledgeable. Please let me know if you need anything! Tell Melissa that she can call me if she needs to vent, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying that God will have an answer at Barnes-Jewish. I know it's hard to stay positive in situations like this, but it always helps me to remember "Footprints in the Sand." When we only see one set of footprints, those are the times when Jesus is carrying us.

    ReplyDelete