Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Round 7 (Unless I have miss counted)

Who knew when I first started this I would be having 7 surgeries instead of the 2 I was suppose to have. This last one has been the hardest for sure. The doctor blames the large incision and taking out more intestine. Yes, that part really hurt but I think the hardest part was the emotional part that caught up with me. I was suppose to be done with all of it and be completely healed by now, I was told that the pain I was feeling was normal, and I was afraid of taking too many pain meds. Then my world where I was recovering came crashing down and I had to go through with yet another surgery, more pain, more drugs, and the realization I had been going through pain for nothing when food passed through that part of my intestine. One thing is for sure, the doc is learning to listen to me when I say I hurt.

I have made it! I am feeling better everyday, it is getting easier to find comfortable ways to sleep and sit, and I'm eating more and more every day. My biggest problem right now is gas and keeping my attention starved cats from trying to sleep on my belly :) I'm still on an antibiotic and will be going to the doc next week to have everything checked out. Hopefully all is well because my wedding dress is in and I have a lot of stuff to get done for the wedding, not to mention a wedding to go to in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment