Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sounds like i will be going home today. My white cell count went down to 16 without them doing anything so they ate happy. Radiology talked about doing an ultrasound to see that clot and possibly pull the drain but the surgical doc said they aren't usually around on Sundays so i will probably need to come back for a drain check next week. Personal i think they ran out of reasons to keep me.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

boo

My white cell count went up some more so if course i am not going home. They plan to wait it out today then tomorrow they may do another ct because they suspect there is another fluid collection that is not being drained or treated by antibiotics. So if there is something there then i probably won't go home until at least Monday.

In other news the air conditioner is stuck in the on position so it is 63° around here this morning.

Friday, April 6, 2012

or not

Over night my white cell count went up to 16. It could be caused by switching to oral antibiotics so i will be back to the iv stuff. I probably won't get out today either. I was looking forward to our family Easter party and egg hunt but now i am going to be lucky to make it to church on Sunday for the breakfast Becky and i organized.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Well they decided not to make the drain bigger but the did put in the stuff to break up the clot. I think it got some out but not all. They may want to try again tomorrow....i don't know. I did switch to oral antibiotics today and he said he was going to keep me on it for a week. I think everything is getting in line for me to leave tomorrow.
My white cell count went up last night while my red cell count went down a little so the surgical team wants to keep me until tomorrow. Interventional radiology came in and said the fluid pocket has only decreased by 20% and the ct yesterday showed no active bleeding. All of that leads them to believe the abcess is really a giant blood clot. If all docs agree they are going to upsize the drain then they can shoot in meds that will break up the clot and allow it to pass through the drain.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Once we got here last night they did the normal blood test and checked for a uti. My blood counts were good although the white cell count was 17 so that was high. The uti test came back negative so i have no idea why it showed one before. They also too a couple of staples out and opened it up a little because they found some infection.

This morning I went down for a ct and they found an abcess. They wanted to get some antibiotics in me then they were going to put a drain in it. Unfortunately my iv blew so i ended up with a central line as well as the drain. I am hurting pretty bad right now but maybe by tomorrow it should be better.

Monday, April 2, 2012

I was doing better until Friday. I started hurting more and running a low fever. Today i went to amc and has some blood work and x rays. I still have a uti and we are worried about my wound being infected due to Felix leaking into it. I just talked to one of the docs on the phone and we decided that i should go in tonight. They will do a direct admit so i don't have to go through the er. Hopefully i can get some antibiotics and be all better again.